Kota Kinabalu, formerly known as Jesselton, is the capital of the state of Sabah, Malaysia located in northwestern Borneo. It is the travelers’ gateway to most parts of East Malaysia and Borneo.
Tourist attractions include the Poring Hot Spring, Manukan Island and the world’s 20th prominent mountain, Gunung Kinabalu.
This travel was kinda expensive. I booked a tour package from Amazing Borneo Tours for RM 2,724 with the following inclusions:
1. Two nights stay at The Klagan Hotel Superior room
2. Twin Island Hopping tour with snorkeling and barbeque lunch
3. Overnight at Kinabalu Park Hostel
4. Mount Kinabalu Summit guided tour
5. Overnight stay at Mountain Hut in Laban Rata with free meals
My round-trip air fare was Php 4,135.29 and travel tax is Php 1,620. So I basically spent Php 37,200 in total. No big deal; I was rich back when I made this trip 🙂 haha.